As regular readers know I have a dual passion for investing and music and further to my last post which featured Supertramp and Crisis What Crisis, I thought I would inflict upon you some more of my Dodgy musical taste - they were a band too incidentally and apparently they are still going and even on tour soon. If that is of interest click the not at all dodgy link above to find out more.
So in the same way that Radio stations tend to do count downs of various musical genres on Bank Holidays to fill up their airwaves, like Radio 2 Beatles versus Elvis today I'll do the same with my blog. So with that in mind for a bit of fun I thought I would try and come up with my own count down of vaguely market / investment related music. So here goes in reverse order, click the highlighted links to watch / listen if you want to.
10. Staying Out For the Summer - Dodgy - which could relate to the old adage of sell in May and go away?
9. What Goes On - Velvet Underground - Starts What goes on in your mind - has to be a reference to behavioural finance?
8. Money - Pink Floyd - A classic track and what Investing is all about at the end of the day?
7. Wall Street Shuffle - 10CC - A classic tune may be about their investing experience as it was recorded in the 1970's?
6. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas - A good description of what happens at the end of a market cycle?
5. Money For Nothing - Dire Straits - What people think they can get at top this stage of a cycle?
4. 48 Crash - Suzi Quatro - The original rock chick in her leather cat suit and the % correction you may get after a boom?
3. Down Down - Status Quo - The old geezers and what happens to share prices in a bear market?
2. The Only Way is Up - Yazz - Technically she sang about property but could refer to shares after a bear market?
1. Mr. Blue Sky - ELO - Could refer to those hyping loss making stocks and what everyone wants on a Bank holiday!
Have a good one - rock on and let's hope it doesn't turn into a Boulevard of Broken Dreams and we get a Green Day tomorrow and given how my mechanical Scores portfolio perhaps I should get someone to Wake me up when September Ends? In the meantime feel free to add your suggestions in the comment section if you are bored.